In winter what could be better than a hot steaming cup of green tea. Its also known as Peshawari kehwa in Pakistan. You can make this tea with tea leaves which are easily available in markets. In this tea, we don’t add milk. Some people confuse this tea with pink tea. But the recipe for pink tea is totally different. I have great childhood memories with this tea, my mother used to make it daily after dinner in winter and we all us to sit around the heater and have this tea with dry nuts. I love it with lemon drops.
- 1 tsp. green tea leaves
- 1 cup of water
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Sugar or honey to taste
- Heat 1 cup of water. Do not bring it to the boiling point. Switch off before that stage.
- Add 1 tsp green tea leaves and brew it for about 2-3 minutes. If you brew it longer, the tea will taste bitter, so just 2-3 minutes is sufficient.
- Strain the tea into a cup.
- Add honey and a few drops of lemon juice to taste. Enjoy it piping hot.
- My mother used to freeze lemon juice in ice cubes tray so it can be used in seasons when lemons are not available.
- Do try this recipe and give your feedback in the comments section below.
- You can also add cardamom or cinnamon stick in it.