Gulab Jaman Recipe (By Chef Adeel)
Here is a recipe for gulab jaman by chef Adeel. Try them and share your feedback in the comments box below.
Ingredients Of Gulab Jaman
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 7 cardamoms, crushed
- Oil for frying
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 cardamoms, crushed
Method Of Gulab Jaman
- In a wide bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, and Milk powder. Mix it all together and add butter. Mix it well.
- Add the milk little by little till it makes a soft dough. (You don’t have to add the entire 1/4 cup milk, just add enough milk till it comes to soft dough). You can also add more milk if needed. Just set aside the dough for few minutes and don’t allow the dough to get dry. Sprinkle some milk on top of it to make it smooth and soft.
- Now knead the dough and make small round balls out of the dough.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. The oil should not be too hot so make sure it’s the right temperature.
- Add balls one by one into the pan, it will sink inside the oil and sit at the bottom (then it’s a perfect temperature, if it rises up immediately it’s too hot).
- Just turn balls one by one so it gets brown evenly on both side, after 3-4 minutes the balls start rising up.
- Fry until the Gulab jamuns become dark brown. Remove the Gulab jamuns from heat once it’s done.
- Make sure the Gulab jamun is cool before you adding into the sugar syrup.
- Once it’s cool place one by one into the sugar syrup. Let the Gulab jamuns sit in the syrup for 30 minutes before serving.
Method Of Sugar Syrup
- In a pan add sugar, water, and cardamom (crushed).
- Bring the mixture to boil for about 20 minutes in the lower heat.
- Once the sugar is dissolved and the consistency is perfect remove from heat.
Oh yummy i love Gulab Jaman i will try this recipe and one thing its really nice to see your blog its my first visit to your blog its really nice 🙂
Thanx awais and my blog also win the best food blog award in first bloggers award:)