I am always ready to eat halwa poori. Its one of my favorite thing to cook and to eat. So enjoy this fabulous recipe.
Ingredients Of Halwa Poori
- 2 cups semolina (sooji)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp yellow food color
- 10 almonds, boiled
- 20 pistachios, boiled
- 4 cloves
- 6 cardamoms
- 1/2 cup oil
- 10 raisins
- For Puris
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
Method Of Halwa Poori
- Heat oil in a pan, split the cardamoms and put them in it.
- Add semolina and fry till it is cooked, take out the fried semolina in a bowl.
- Heat sugar and little water in a pan to dissolve the sugar. Mix food color in this.
- When everything is combined then add semolina. Add almonds, pistachios and raisins. Take out in dish and serve with hot pooris.
- Put flour, sugar, salt and 1tbsp oil in a bowl and mix well. Gradually add in little water and knead it into hard dough.
- Cover the kneaded dough with soaked thin cloth for a little while.
- Make small balls, pat the balls lightly with oil and roll them out.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the pooris in it. Drain on paper towel.