I am always ready to eat halwa poori. Its one of my favorite thing to cook and to eat. So enjoy this fabulous recipe.
Ingredients Of Halwa Poori
- 2 cups semolina (sooji)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp yellow food color
- 10 almonds, boiled
- 20 pistachios, boiled
- 4 cloves
- 6 cardamoms
- 1/2 cup oil
- 10 raisins
- For Puris
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
Method Of Halwa Poori
- Heat oil in a pan, split the cardamoms and put them in it.
- Add semolina and fry till it is cooked, take out the fried semolina in a bowl.
- Heat sugar and little water in a pan to dissolve the sugar. Mix food color in this.
- When everything is combined then add semolina. Add almonds, pistachios and raisins. Take out in dish and serve with hot pooris.
- Put flour, sugar, salt and 1tbsp oil in a bowl and mix well. Gradually add in little water and knead it into hard dough.
- Cover the kneaded dough with soaked thin cloth for a little while.
- Make small balls, pat the balls lightly with oil and roll them out.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the pooris in it. Drain on paper towel.
thank so much for adding fabulous recipes…can u pls tell “what u mean by whole wheat flour”…..does it mean maida or fine atta…pls clarify i wana make puris
Sara whole wheat flour is regular atta which we use at our homes for making chappatis……………………maida is known as refined flour
how r you?
neel i have some problems while making puries..
when ever ii make puries its become so flat n thick.
i just want to know how can i make blossom puries.. plz help
hi…i just want to know that how can i make the puris soft and fluffy?because wheneva i mak puris its most of tim hard and not fluffy?can u plsss tell me how can i mak it?
The secret is in frying and in kneading dough. Knead the dough very well and add some oil or milk in flour while kneading it. oil shoild be hot and make puris immediatley after kneading dough.
The dough for pooris should be made hard not soft .
can u use butter insted of oil and how much
halwa will be very heavy with butter but if you want to use butter then take half cup butter
u r owsome..
u r tooo good
Hi Neel really luv all your recipes but do not understand all spice powder how do you make thanks
Thanks for liking. All spices powder is garam masala
I hv a question that which is the better option for puris to make with.Either atta or maida.The puris we eat at shops r they made of maida or atta.
Maida is better option