No more sweaty feet
If your feet sweat profusely then try these tips to improve the condition:
- Wear cotton socks and leather shoes, as natural materials allow feet to breath and absorb sweat better than synthetic fabric.
- Don’t wear the same footwear every day, shoes need at least 24 hours to dry.
- Wash feet every morning and evening and put on clean socks afterwards.
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on your feet, as it is good natural antiperspirant.
- Avoid spicy foods, as they encourage sweating.
- Avoid onions and garlic, as their odor is emitted from sweat.
Bumped your head? Don’t reach for the ice pack; opt for a funny video instead. A three year study into alternatives to anesthetics has shown that people who listened to a comedian exhibited pain tolerance up to three times the normal level, indicating that comedy could be a natural pain killer.
Cut out your routine
A recent study revealed that one should avoid routine to stay young. Following a program of constant irregularities, innovation and change in our lives helps keep wrinkles at bay. Try taking your vitamins at varying times of the day or work out during different hours. Include unusual physical, mental and sensory exercises in your regime.
Top five fat busters
Following these tips when preparing meals to cut down on your fat intake:
- Use evaporated skim milk instead of cream when preparing sauces or desserts.
- Drain non-fat yoghurt through a sieve or cheesecloth. Keep it overnight in the refrigerator and use in recipes in place of cream.
- Sauté foods in chicken broth, vegetable stock or tomato juice instead of frying them in oil or butter.
- Keep olive oil in a spray bottle to lightly coat sauté pans rather than pouring it in.
- Substitute six egg whites plus one whole egg for every three eggs in your favorite recipe.
If smokers suffer from a persistent chesty cough, they should not ignore it as it might be an early warning sign of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a condition that could prove fatal. If you are worried about a persistent cough, consult a doctor immediately.