Here are some simple home remedies that you can do to lighten the skin tone and get a lighter complexion. However, they must be done regularly and the best results are obtained if they are inculcated as a part of daily routine.
- Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on the face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.
- Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.
- Place the sliced raw potato on the face. It helps reduce blemishes and other marks.
- Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is a natural bleach.
- Dried orange peels mixed with curd also help reduce blemishes and scars. Wash off this mixture with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Soak 4 almonds overnight. Grind into a fine paste using milk. Apply on the face and neck and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. Do this daily for 15 days, followed by twice a week.
- A tbsp of gram flour mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up once a week.
- Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.
- Make a paste of tomato and a few drops of lime juice and scrub this all over the body. This will have an instant bleaching and astringent effect on your skin.
- You can also apply cucumber juice to your body and leave it on for as long as you can.
- Aloe Vera gel is also an excellent natural skin lightening agent. If you can get this gel from fresh leaves, it will work very effectively and well.
- Lemon juice can be mixed with sandalwood paste and applied to the entire body as well.
- Add a few strands of saffron to a cup of milk cream and leave it overnight. This can be mixed well and applied all over the body the next day. Leave it on for about an hour and then wash with soap and water.
All of these remedies can be used on all parts of your body quite easily and well. Do remember that you must try all the remedies for at least a month before you see any visible results.