Hummus is an Arabic name and it is made from mashed chickpeas. The chickpeas make it a good source of protein and dietary fiber. This dip is super healthy. I served hummus with toasted pita bread and some chips. It looks great as a side dish on your table
Ingredients Of Hummus
- 3 cups drained chickpeas.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini sauce (sesame seeds paste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a food processor, place chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil garlic, tahini. Process until all things are well combined.
- Add enough water to make a smooth dip.
- Season it with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and drizzle it with little olive oil. You can garnish it with olives.
- I always serve this dip with chips or pita bread as a side dish at my parties. This looks great on the table and I love it with cucumber and carrots platter. You can use fresh chickpeas or the ones available in tins. You can also freeze the boiled chickpeas and can make this dip whenever needed.
- Try this dip and share your feedback.