Iceberg lettuce is used to make iceberg salad, due to its moist crispiness. Iceberg lettuce has a great texture and is very crunchy. Iceberg lettuce is high in dietary fiber and contains traces of omega fatty acids, which is important for allover health. Folate is another benefit that iceberg lettuce provides, which helps fight heart disease. Here is another healthy salad recipe for you
Recipe Of Iceberg Salad
- 1 bunch iceberg
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 6-7 green olives, stoned
- 6-7 black olives, stoned
- 1 bunch coriander or parsley
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Method Of Iceberg Salad
- Cut iceberg, tomato, and cucumber and put it in the mixing bowl.
- Put the parsley, green and black olive and mix it well.
- Squeeze a lemon in it and add salt, black pepper, olive oil and mix it well.
- Garnish it with salad leaves.
- You can also add grilled chicken, chicken cubes, or chicken chunks in it. I sometimes add leftover chicken in salads and it will give a great taste to the salad. You can also add capsicum, corn, mushrooms or anything you like.
- Just add the dressing before serving. Otherwise, your salad will get soggy and wet.
- You can also store the dressing in an airtight bottle in the fridge for up to one week. Mix lemon olive oil, salt, and black pepper and store this dressing in a bottle in a fridge.