This recipe for Italian anisette cookies is shared by Tracy Bodoni. These cookies are tender and covered with sprinkles. a perfect recipe for your holiday tray. These Italian anise cookies can be made several days ahead of time. If doing so, I suggest baking the cookies and then NOT glazing them until the day you would like to serve them. You can see Tracy’s recipes on her Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/moochamealwithtracy/
Ingredients Of Italian Anisette Cookies
- 6 eggs
- ½ lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tsp. Anise extract (vanilla or lemon)
- About 5 cups flour
Method Of Italian Anisette Cookies
- Cream margarine & sugar, then add eggs and vanilla and then the dry ingredients last.
- Roll into medium size balls on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes-just until light in color.
- Don’t overcook or they will get hard. (the bottom should be lightly browned but the tops should remain light). Remove cookies to wire rack and cool completely before glazing.
Icing (make sure your cookies are completely cooled before icing):
- Confectioners sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Anise extract
- Milk – as much as needed
Just mix some in a little bowl —- then drizzle on cookies after cooled or Dip top of each cookie into glaze. Sprinkle with colored jimmies or nonpareils while glaze is still wet.