Kachnar keema is my favorite food to eat with raita and chappati but problem is that kachnar comes for very short period of time. It comes in spring just for one or two months. Kachnar is also known as orchid and it has many health benefits including treatment of a cough, mouth ulcers, healing internal wounds and much more. You can cook kachnar with chicken mince, mutton mince or even with mutton. I took chicken mince for this recipe. Here is the picture of raw kachnar. Don’t skip yogurt in this recipe. My mother used to say that without yogurt your kachnar will not taste good. It is the key ingredient.
Ingredients Of Kachnar Keema
- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1/2 kg kachnar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chilies
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. all spices powder
- 1 cup yogurt
Method Of Keema Kachnar
- Wash kachnar properly with water.
- Now heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté onion in hot oil until its light brown in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds. Then add tomatoes, and mince. Cook on high flame for few minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Now add spices red chili, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Add 1 cup water and cover with the lid.
- Let it simmer for 40 minutes or until mince is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the lid and cook mince on high heat for 5-8 minutes or until oil comes on top. Now add kachnar and yogurt. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until kachnar is soft.
- Serve with raita and chappatis.