Pakistanis use pumpkins to prepare gravies. We also make kadu ka halwa, it’s a sweet dish cooked with sugar, ghee, milk, and nuts. In the middle east, pumpkin is used for sweet dishes.
Ingredients Of Kadu Ka Halwa
- 2 kg pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1-liter milk
- 1.5 kg sugar
- 5 cardamoms, crushed
- 50 gm, pistachios, almonds, cashew nuts, chopped
- 300 gm plain flour, roasted
- 1 cup ghee
- saffron, few strands
Method Of Kadu Ka Halwa
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan, add pumpkin and saute it on low heat until the smell of raw pumpkin is gone.
- Now add sugar and mix it well. Add milk and cook until pumpkin becomes soft. keep mashing it with the spoon or masher.
- Add flour, saffron, cardamoms and continue cooking till the ghee separates from the halwa.
- Garnish it with nuts and serve hot.