My family loves karhi with zeera rice. The list of ingredients is long but its not at all difficult to make. Its very traditional dish and I hope that you will enjoy it.
Ingredients Of Karhi
- 1 kg Yogurt
- 250 mg of Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 tbsp. of Ginger garlic paste
- 10-12 Green chilies (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp. of whole coriander seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. of Red chili powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 1/2 kg of Gram Flour
- A pinch of Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. of Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. of dried coriander seed
- 1 tsp. of Chaat masala
- 1/2 cup of Fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup of fresh Mint
- 2 medium sized Onion (sliced)
- 2-3 Spring onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/2 tsp. of Cumin
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 10-15 Curry Leaves
- 10-12 whole dry red chilies
Method Of Karhi
- Pour the yogurt in a blender with little water. Add gram flour and all spices of karhi in it and blend.
- In a pot add little oil and fry garlic ginger paste for few seconds then add blended yogurt mixture, coriander seeds and green chilies in it.
- Add 2 jugs of water. Cook on high till it comes to a boil. Than cook on low flame for about 5-6 hours till it reduces to almost half.
- Now for pokoras add some water in gram flour and make a paste. Beat it well and leave it for an hour after adding pinch of baking soda.
- After an hour add all spices and mint and coriander leaves. Add chopped onion and green chilies. Deep fry pokoras on medium heat.
- When all pokoras are fried then add them to reduced karhi.
- Make Tarka by browning onion and adding cumin and curry leave to it. Add over the karhi, Cover immediately and leave for 3-4 minutes.
10-12 green chillies in karhi??
It’s not green chilies.. It’s red while dry chili… Gol laal mirch… Use for tarka