We always think that keema biryani is very difficult to cook but with the help of the following recipe of chef Gulzar, you can make it in an hour. The difference between biryani and pulao is that while pulao may be made by cooking the items together, biryani is used to denote a dish where the rice is cooked separately from the other ingredients.
Ingredients Of Keema Biryani
- 1/2 kg rice,( half Boiled with 1tsp cumin seeds, salt and bay leaves)
- 1 kg mince
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 6 green chilies, whole
- 2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 2 tbsp whole all spices (black pepper, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon stick)
- 5-6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry plums
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp all spices powder (garam masala)
- Few Bay leaves
Method Of Keema Biryani
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions, when they are light brown in color then add whole spices and bay leaves and allow to splutter.
- Mix in the minced meat and the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 6-7 minutes over a medium heat.
- Once the mince is nicely fried, mix in the tomatoes, plums, salt, cumin powder, red chili powder, all spices powder, coriander powder and cook it covered on low flame till all water dries up and mince is cooked.
- In other pan put some oil in the bottom and then place cooked mince, green chilies, mint and coriander leaves and cover it with half cooked rice.
- Seal the pan with its cover and put the biryani on dum for 5- 15 minutes. Serve hot with khuchoomer salad and raita.
Tip: If you are cooking 1 kg rice then you must take 2kg mince. Mince should always be double in quantity.
i mised this recipes on tv thankz neel…:)
You are always welcome.
Dont u know the english word for DUM….
Hi Nida, so sorry for the late reply! You can double the ingredients but leave the cook time the same it ll just take longer to reach pressure ?? I haven t tried tripling the recipe but I think it d be the same to leave the cook time the same. I hope your guests loved it!