This recipe for keto cheese biscuits is shared by Sonia Baron. These are really good and you can have them for breakfast or for dinner or lunch. You can easily buy Carbquick from Amazon. Some cheeses suit the keto diet better than others. This mainly comes down to their carb and fat content and level of processing. The best keto cheeses include cheddar, Gouda, goat cheese, and blue cheese, while the worst are cottage cheese and low-fat and processed varieties.
- 2 Cups Carbquik
- 2 Oz. Unsalted Butter, Cold
- 4 Oz. Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Water
Method of Keto Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add Carbquik to a large bowl.
- Add cold butter and use two knives to cut in the butter until coarse dough balls have formed.
- Add in the cheese, garlic powder, and salt; mix together.
- Add in the liquid ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Break into 6 equal-sized balls and place on a greased sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 2
Total Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes
Can I eat mozzarella on keto?
Mozzarella (Whole Milk)
With a total carb count of 1 gram per ounce, it is yet another keto-friendly cheese to keep on-hand. Mozzarella also contains probiotics, which have shown to improve digestive health and emotional health! Pair it with fresh tomatoes and basil for a fresh Caprese salad