This recipe for keto fried chicken is shared by Rick Labondano. No one can say no to his yummy fried treat. Carb quick is used for coating but you can also use almond or coconut flour. Carb quick is good for occasional frying in the keto diet. You can also use psyllium husk for coating if you don’t have carb quick. I sometimes add coconut flour mixed with husk and use it for coating my chicken pieces. Here are some more keto-friendly recipes.
- 2 cup carbquick
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs
- chicken pieces
Method Of Keto Fried Chicken
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces.
- Mix all dry ingredients and spices. Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture and then coat in eggs. Coat again in dry mixture and fry in medium heated oil till its golden brown from both sides and fully cooked.
- Serve hot with any keto-friendly dip or homemade mayo.
- You can also freeze this chicken after coating in an airtight container or in zip lock bags and fry it whenever you need it.
- Make sure that chicken is fully dry before coating.
what is carbquick please?
its low carb baking mix and is available at amazon and wal mart
Due to its ingredients (wheat), Carbquik is NOT keto approved.
but its low in carbs …we can have it once in a while
Can almond, coconut or lupin flour be subed for the carbquick?
coconut flour is better for coating than almond flour……add some husk in it