This recipe for keto lemon bars is shared by Candice Corbin. This dessert is low carb as well as gluten-free. This dessert is super addictive and even kids loved it. These homemade bars just taste like something from heaven. It has 2gm net carbs per serving.
Ingredients Of keto Lemon Bars
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, swerve
- 1tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/ 2 cup swerve
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 2tbsp unflavoured collagen powder
Method Of Keto Lemon Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a microwave or in a small saucepan. Add almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest. Stirring until fully combined.
- Press the dough evenly along the bottom and half-inch up the sides of an 8-inch square pan. For best results line the pan with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool while you make the filling.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat, remove from heat and mix in sweetener, lemon juice, and zest until it all dissolves. Mix in egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat.
- Whisk continually until the curd starts to thicken. Remove from heat and strain into a small bowl. Whisk in the xantham gum and collagen powder or you can also use gelatin until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust and spread it out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Beat egg whites add some stevia to it and add a layer to it… it is optional.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. remove and cool. Sprinkle the powdered swerve before serving. Cut into squares.
Keto lemon bars. There’s no follow thru with the prep of the meringue on top????
i am adding in recipe now
I’m not seeing the ingredients for the meringue? I see you added it to the instructions but there’s no amounts given as to how much egg whites and how much sweetener?
Take the whites of that 6 eggs and add sweetener according to your taste.