This recipe for keto Philly cheesesteak casserole is shared by Dana Peel. There are many options for this recipe like you can make this with chicken or beef and you can also add vegetables of your choice. Enjoy this yummy dish even your kids will eat it without any complaints. This keto cheesesteak casserole packs major flavors, from creamy and cheesy ground beef, to sauteed onions and peppers, to a melty layer of cheese. You definitely won’t miss the bread! Total net carbs are 7.2 g.
Ingredients Of keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb thinly sliced beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 bell peppers, sliced,
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded provolone
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Method Of Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat .Add the thinly sliced beef, garlic salt, and pepper and cook it until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside, but leave about 2 Tbsp of grease in the skillet to cook the vegetables in. If there isn’t enough grease left, just add a little more oil to the pan for the veggies
- .Add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until softened.Add the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and cream cheese to the pan and combine. Heat through until the cream cheese is melted.Add the beef back to the pan and combine all ingredients.
- If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet that’s large enough to hold all of the ingredients, transfer the mixture to a 9×13 pan and combine it in there.Sprinkle with shredded provolone cheese or provolone slices.Bake 15 mins until heated through. Broil 2-3 mins if prefer crispy cheese on top.