Khoresh-e-Fesenjan is a Persian dish and its very common in Iran. You can also make it with meatballs instead of chicken. Some people also add pomegranate in it or its sauce.n You can also make it with duck. It is part of the dinner table on Shabe Yalda when families come together to celebrate the longest night of the year and the beginning of the winter. This khoresh is one of my all-time favorite recipes
Ingredients Of Khoresh-e-Fesenjan
- 1 kg of chicken pieces
- 1/2 packet nihari masala
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 400 gm. walnuts
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup green coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 green chilies
- Fried potatoes for garnishing
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
Method Of Khoresh-e-Fesenjan
- Grind walnuts in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion and fry till it turns golden.
- Add chicken, sugar, and nihari masala. Fry and then add tomato paste.
- Add walnuts, lemon juice, and water. Cook till oil appears on the surface.
- When gravy gets thick, take it out in the dish.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves, sliced green chilies, and fried potatoes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice. Try this new cuisine and enjoy it with your loved one.