I tried this dessert yesterday and we all loved it. Khubani ka meetha is a Hyderabadi dessert made with dried apricots and layered with vanilla custard. I took seedless dried apricots from the market. You have to soak apricots in water for 6 to 7 hours.
Ingredients Of Khubani Ka Meetha
- 250 gms dried apricots
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1-liter milk
- vanilla custard 3tbsp
- Sugar according to taste for custard
- 1/2 cup cream
- Almonds for garnishing
Method Of Khubani Ka Meetha
- In a wok, add the soaked apricots and also the soaking water.
- Cook the apricots on low flame until they are soft and mushy. Grind them in the grinder till it forms a paste.
- Add sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved fully. Keep stirring in between.
- In a pan add milk, sugar mix, and wait for a boil on medium flame. then mix custard with little milk and add to the milk keep mixing and cook till gets a little thick on medium to high flame (not too thick). Let it cool down.
- Take a serving dish and add the layer of khobani paste then custard and on top add some more apricot paste.
- Garnish it with cream and almonds
Tried it..loved it
It’s really very yummy… My fav