Here is a recipe for kofta curry by chef Adeel. You can also make this curry with chicken mince or mutton mince. You can also freeze these koftas in an airtight container and use them as needed. Make curry and add these.
Ingredients Of Kofta Curry
- 250 gm minced beef
- 1 small piece of ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp roasted and ground Bengal gram ( kalay Channay)
- 5 green chilies, crushed
- 1 onion, crushed
- 250 gm yogurt
- 4 onions, sliced
- 5 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
Method Of Kofta Curry
- Clean poppy seeds and soak them. Drain the water after an hour and keep them aside.
- Put finely minced beef, ginger, garlic, onions, and green chilies in a bowl. Add poppy seeds, salt, red chili powder, and ground gram lentils. Mix all these ingredients with hands.
- Heat oil in a pan. Make koftas from the mince mixture and fry them in a pan.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry sliced onions till they are golden brown.
- Puree onions and yogurt in a blender. Fry ginger and garlic in the same pot, till it turns golden. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder red chilies, and yogurt mixture and cook.
- Add salt and keep on low flame to cook. When the mixture starts to get thick, add prepared koftas and without stirring, leave to cook.
- Take it off the flame when oil appears on the surface.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves before serving.