Kunna is a mutton gravy and this dish is from Chiniot Pakistan. Kunna looks like a nehari and the mutton in this dish is so soft that you can cut it with the help of spoon. Most cooks cook it in clay pot and you can eat it with tandoori chappati or naan.
Ingredients Of Kunna
- 1 kg mutton with bones, large pieces from leg
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 4 whole cardamoms
- 4 black cardamoms
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed coriander seeds
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp. mustard oil
- 4 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 cups mutton stock
- Salt to taste
Method Of Kunna
- Heat the mustard oil in a heavy bottom pan and drop the whole spices. Cook till the spices start to crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and the mutton and cook for five to seven minutes.
- Then add the crushed coriander seeds, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook further till the meat is half cooked.
- Now add the beaten curd and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Add the mutton stock and cover the lid and slow cook till the meat is tender.
- Add the cumin seeds and salt to taste. Serve hot and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and green chilies. Best when served with tandoori chappati or naan.
adeel how are you ap bohat achy tareeqy sy hum ko sekaty hy ap haqeeqat my hummary favrt chief hy ap key reciepes waqee achee hotee hain