Kunna is a Chinyoti traditional dish that is cooked in a clay pot on low flame. It is also known as mutka gosht. The mutton in this dish is very soft and tender after cooking that you can easily cut it with a spoon.
Ingredients Of kunna
- Mutton with bones 500 gm
- onion 2 medium
- oil 3/4 cup
- ginger paste 1 tbsp
- garlic paste 1 tbsp
- salt 1 tsp or as required
- red chili powder 1-1/2 tbsp (use Kashmiri red chili powder if you have)
- turmeric powder 1 Tsp
- coriander powder 1 tbsp
- wheat flour 1 tbsp
- kala zeera 1 Tsp
- garam masala 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg powder 1/4 Tsp
- 2 glass mutton stock
Method Of Kunna
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely sliced onion in it. Stir for one minute, when it changes in white color then add ginger and garlic paste.
- Now add meat, stir for 15 seconds. don’t brown onions and ginger garlic paste because in Kunna we never brown them.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder stir for 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of water and let it cook with a lid on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, on high heat stir it, until all juices evaporate and onions are completely tender and vanish in it.
- Add mutton stock and let it cook on a very low flame. Cover it with a lid and don’t let the steam come out. Cook it till one and a half hours.
- Now make a fine paste of 1 tbsp wheat flour and 1/4 cup water. (be careful there should not be any lumps in it)
- After one and half hour open the lid and there should be 3/4 glass water in it, now add wheat flour paste, mix it. then sprinkle garam masala powder, nutmeg powder, and cumin seeds crushed with your hands. and again with a lid on low heat cook it for 10-15 more minutes, until wheat flour cooked properly and oil come out of the gravy.
- Garnish it with ginger and serve hot.