Here is a recipe for easy and yummy Lemon Baked Chicken Breasts. Lemon helps add flavor and tenderize the chicken, but if left for too long, it will actually start breaking down the proteins way too much, resulting in a tough, rubbery, or even mushy texture.
Ingredients Of Lemon Baked Chicken Breasts
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
Method Of Lemon Baked Chicken Breasts
- In a large pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat, When the butter melts add chicken and sauté it until it’s golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish. Add the vinegar thyme and oregano in a pan, bring the liquid to boil, scraping up the brown bits, and pour the pan juices over the chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, sprinkle lemon juice, and bake it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
- Serve hot with salad jacket potatoes or rice.