I can never explain the taste of these lemon tarts. They just melt in your mouth. As summer vacations started in schools so you must try this lemon tarts recipe with your kids and enjoy summer with them. You can fill your lemon tarts with anything like custard, chocolate sauce or whipped cream or fruit chunks.
Ingredients Of Lemon Tarts
- 100gm butter
- 5tbsp grinded sugar
- 150gm sifted flour
- 3-4 drops vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
For Lemon Filling
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. corn flour (heap)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla custard powder (heap)
- 2-3 drops yellow color
- 2 egg yolks
Method Of Lemon Tarts
- Take butter at room temperature and beat it with sugar till it is creamy.
- Add vanilla essence and egg yolk and beat it again.
- Add sifted flour and knead it with light hands. Add little chilled water if needed.
- Put this dough in fridge for 20 minutes. don’t forget to wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Grease muffin tray with some oil.
- Roll out dough and cut the tarts in round shape with biscuit cutter or with some sharp glass.
- Put the tarts in muffin tray and press them lightly onto bottom and up sides of cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven or till they are puffed and firm to touch. Cool them on wire rack.
Filling Of Tarts
- Take a sauce pan and add water,corn flour, custard powder in it.whisk it to avoid lumps.
- Now add yolks, yellow color and sugar in it. Keep stirring. Cook on low heat till it starts thickening.
- Remove from heat and add butter and lemon juice in it. Mix well.
- Cool down the filling. Swirl it with piping bag on tarts.
How many yolks in the filing?
sorry I forgot to mention it. its 2 egg yolks