This recipe for low carb lasagna is shared by Lisa Payne. Instead of lasagna sheets, you can use egg wraps and I bet that nobody can tell a difference. You can use three egg wraps per layer. Your whole family will love this. You can add any type of cheese to it and you can also make this with chicken. I suggest you use 18 wraps which is 1 1/2 packages. They are very thin and delicate, and you will overlap a bit when you layer the lasagna. It gives the lasagna a better, firmer structure, and makes slicing and serving easier.
Ingredietns Of Low Carb Lasagna
- 2-pound ground beef
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 24 oz Rao’s sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup Italian 5 cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Method Of low Carb Lasagna
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and set over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef, salt, and pepper, garlic and onion powder to the pan, and brown the meat for 8-10 minutes. When meat is no longer pink, break into crumbles with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add marinara sauce and mix all together. Heat through for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and baby spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add Italian 5 cheese and cottage cheese.
- Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a pan with cooking oil unless your pan is nonstick.
- Cut the egg wraps in half to yield 36 pieces. Evenly spread about 1/3 of the meat sauce (about 2 rounded cups) in the bottom of the baking pan. Top with 12 pieces of overlapping egg wraps. Do all layers like this and on top add mozerral cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes until the top starts to brown. Remove from oven, and let rest for at least 20 minutes on a cooling rackbefore slicing. Serve and enjoy!