This recipe is little different then our traditional maash daal recipe. It tastes much better then traditional maash daal. In this recipe we will not use any red chilies in it only some dried chilies for tarka. First of all wash maash daal and soak it in water for half an hour.Serve this maash daal with hot tandoori roti, salad and raita.
Ingredients Of Maash Daal
- 250 gm. maash daal, washed and soaked
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 small cup oil or butter
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3-4 green chilies, chopped
- 5-6 round dry red chilies
- 1 tsp garam masala
Method Of Maash Daal
- Boil maash daal in water. Take enough water which dries up while boiling maash daal. Daal should be soft but not mushy. Add salt, black pepper and ginger garlic paste in this water.
- When daal is ready we will make tarka for it. Heat oil in a pan and fry onions in it. When onions turns light golden in color then add dried red chilies, green chilies, cumin seeds and garam masala in it.
- Now add this tarka in daal and serve hot with chappaties.
- Garnish it with green coriander.