Mac and cheese texture is very creamy and rich. My kids love it. This is the basic recipe of mac and cheese you can change it according to your taste. You can add cooked chicken in it or garlic or mustard whatever you like. You can also use pasta instead of macaroni.
Ingredients Of Mac And Cheese
- 1 packet cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
For White Sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cups milk
Method Of Mac And Cheese
- Cook macaroni according to the instructions given on pack. Drain and set aside.
- Second step is to make white sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in flour. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not brown. take off from heat and then gradually stir in milk and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken.
- When sauce start thickening add half cup of cheese in it. Now cook till the sauce consistency is medium.
- Season it with salt, chili flaxes, oregano and black pepper pepper. Remove from heat.
- Put macaroni in large casserole dish. Spread white sauce over it. Cover it with remaining cheese and bake it in preheat oven till the cheese melts and change its color.
- Serve warm.