Last week Chef Zakir cooked this Malai Kebab Curry and I liked it because the chicken was not used in this recipe. I always wanted something fancy for my guests but without chicken, as there are lots of chicken dishes you can make for your parties, and finally, i got this. The method is little lengthy but I bet that everyone will like this dish and they will ask for the recipe. It’s a unique and very different dish.
- 2 large potatoes, boiled
- 1 packet cottage cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 4 green chilies.finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 slices of bread, remove edges
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Whole spices as required
Method For Kebabs
- Mash potatoes and add chopped onion, cottage cheese, peas, bread slices, egg, salt and black pepper. Mix it all well till all things bind together.
- Sprinkle corn flour over kebabs and deep fry them. Don’t fry mthan1-2 minutes.
Now make the shape of kebabs, you can make any shape, long, then flat or oval.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil, fry 1 sliced onion it in on medium heat. When it turns into brown color then add garlic and ginger paste and whole spices.
- Now add tomatoes and green chilies. Dip poppy seeds in little water for 1 hour and then mash them with the back of spoon. Add mashed poppy seeds in the tomatoes and cook till it becomes a paste.
- Add salt, milk and cream. Cover it and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. Add cumin seeds and kebabs in this gravy.Garnish it with fresh coriander and grated cheese.
- Serve it with boiled rice or chapatti.