- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 small leek sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Place the lentils and bay leaf in a pan, cover with plenty of water, bring to boil and simmer until tender. Drain and discard the bay leaf.
- Place the half of cooked lentils with onion and garlic in a food processor and process until the mixture forma a fine paste.
- In a bowl mix that paste of lentils with remaining lentils, leek, carrot, breadcrumbs, egg yolks and coriander. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Take the tablespoonful of the mixture and roll them in kebab shape. Heat the oil in pan and fry that mini burger kebabs till they are golden brown from both sides.
- Cut the bread into squares, remove the edges, place the burger kebabs on top of bread and top it with a big slice of tomato, cucumber and lettuce leave.
Tip: You can also make these burgers on burger bun instead of bread slices.