This recipe of mocha brownies is shared by Fati Naz. You can make this with minimum effort and can enjoy it with your loved ones.
Ingredients Of Mocha Brownies
- 300 g bittersweet chocolate – coarsely chopped
- 200g walnuts – chopped
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- 20g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 5 eggs
- 250g sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
For Chocolate Glaze
- 200 gm. milk chocolate, chopped
- 200 gm. cream
- 1 tsp. coco powder
Method Of Mocha Brownies
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a double boiler or a water bath melt the bittersweet chocolate. In a bowl mix together the walnuts, flour, chocolate chips, 20g of cocoa powder, salt, and the espresso powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until the mixture is thick and creamy. Drizzle the oil in a steady stream, whisking continuously. Slowly temper the egg mixture with the warm melted chocolate, then beat in the rest of the chocolate.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the egg/chocolate mixture. Do not over-beat.
- Line the bottom of a rectangular baking pan (35 x 24 cm) with some baking paper. Pour in the batter and smooth the top. Bake for 25 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. Take out and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, run a knife along the sides and tip onto a rack bottom facing up.
- In a small saucepan bring the cream to a gently boil. Add the chopped milk chocolate and allow to melt. Scrape the bottom of the pan every now and then to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. Once the mixture has thickened slightly remove from heat and allow to cool a little bit. You will notice the mixture will thicken as it cools. Once it has reached a thickest consistency pour the mixture onto the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool and set for 1-2 hours. Once the chocolate glaze has set, cut into squares. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder and serve with some hot tea or coffee.