If some emergency guests arrive at your place then you can make this Mughlai karahi because its very quick and simple to cook.
Ingredients Of Mughlai Karahi
- 1/2 kg chicken with bones
- 1 capsicum, cut into rings, remove seeds
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 4-5 green chilies, whole and one cut in center
- 1/2 bunch green coriander chopped
- 4 tbsp cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger roughly grated
- 1/2 kg yogurt, drain all its water in thin cloth
Method Mughlai Karahi
- Heat the ghee, add garlic ginger and fry it, when it changes color to light brown then add chicken. Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add salt and tomatoes and half coriander leaves. Mix it all well and then add crushed cumin and coriander seeds.
- Now add drained yogurt, turmeric, red chili flakes and mix it all well.
- Add green chilies and fresh cream. Cook it and when it leaves oil then add rings of onion and capsicum. Cover it now and cook till chicken is tender.
- Garnish with remaining fresh green coriander. Serve hot with naan or chapatti.
Tip: Yoghurt must be sweet in taste and you can also use oil instead of ghee. This karahi will be cooked on high flame.