eid-ul azha is incomplete without yummy mutton biryani. Here is an easy and quick recipe for biryani which you all can enjoy that day.
Ingredients Of Mutton Biryani
- 1 kg mutton cut into small 2-inch
- 2 inch piece of ginger finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 6 green chilies chopped
- 4 onions finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt
- 6 green cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 2 inch sticks cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bunch coriander chopped
- 1 bunch mint leaves chopped
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb basmati rice washed and soaked for 1 hour
- 8 dried plums
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilies
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 potatoes boiled and cut in pieces
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 sliced onions, fried in oil
- 1 tsp yellow color dissolved in 4 tbsp water
- Oil as required
Method Of Mutton Biryani
- In yogurt mix garlic and ginger, green chilies, tomatoes, salt, red chilies, garam masala, coriander powder,3 cardamoms and turmeric powder. Then put in the mutton and mix it well, pricking it with a fork. Set it aside for 2 hours.
- Take a pan and add oil in it, heat it and add onions and fry until they are golden brown.
- Now add the marinated meat and fry it for 5-10 minutes, cover it and cook till the meat is tender and done. Now add plums and slow the heat while you prepare rice.
- Take a big pan, boil water with salt, 3 cardamoms, 1 tbsp oil, cinnamon sticks and cloves. When boiling add rice and cook until soft( but not fully done). Rinse the rice.
- Set a layer of rice in a pan, add a layer of meat a gravy, layer of sliced tomatoes, layer of potatoes, again the layer of rice and so on.
- In the end cover it with chopped coriander and mint leaves, fried onions,and yellow food color. Cover it tight for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with cucumber raita.
Tip: You can also make chicken baryani with this method.