Naan Khatai is one of my favorite and my kids love it too. It’s a traditional type of cookies and it is very cheap if you make it at home. Try it and your family will demand more. I love to have it with my tea. Some people also make it with gram flour. Try it to make it with desi ghee for best taste. These are eggless you just have to apply egg on top and you can also skip it if you are vegetarian.
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup oil/ghee
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Melt ghee and put sugar in it. Beat it well till sugar is mixed in ghee.
- Add sieved flour and baking powder in it.
- Mix all well until become a smooth dough. Make balls and then give them naan khatai shape.
- Place on greased baking tray and brush with egg yolk on the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- You can store this cookie in an airtight container for up to one month or even more. This khatai will just melt in your mouth and you will get addicted.
- Do try this recipe and share your feedback in the comment section below and you can also share pictures of food you cook with my recipes.