Nan Khatai is Pakistan’s traditional cookies and I am a big fan of naan khatai since I was a small kid. Its very easy to make and when you eat them it just melts in your mouth. I cant describe the taste but you all must give it a try.
Ingredients Of Naan Khatai
- 150 gm flour
- 120 gm ghee or unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85 gm sugar, powdered
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 gm semolina
Method Of Naan Khatai
- Mix sugar and ghee in a bowl till they form a smooth paste.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and semolina in another bowl.
- Now add flours mixture in ghee and sugar mixture and knead it with your hands to form a dough.
- Now take a small portion of dough and make small balls and then flat it with your hand, make the shape of naan khatai. Make as many as you want and brush them with beaten egg in the end.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake them at 180 degrees on the greased baking tray for 15 minutes.
Tip: You can also place crushed almonds and pistachios on top instead of the egg if you like to.
Hello Neel. so far i know, Nankhatai is an eggless cookie. i never saw it’s recipe with egg. it is the main difference of nankhatai that it is made w/o egg. Anyways,i’ll try your one…don’t know if it will taste will nankhatai or not.
You dont need to add egg in naan khatai……………you just have to apply it on the top when its ready to bake. If you see naan khatai, it has brownish glaze over it, its because of the egg.
i think if the measurements were in cups it would be better.
150 gm is approximatley equal to 1 cup. so now you can convert grams into cups easily.