Palmiers are made from puff pastry dough that is folded and rolled and then cut into thin stripes. In this recipe, you can also use ready-made olive paste, which is easily available in different varieties at supermarkets. Olive and almond Palmiers can be cooked up to 6 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container.
Ingredients Of Olive And Almond Palmiers
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk
Method Of Olive And Almond Palmiers
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- In a food processor, process the olives, almonds, cheese, basil, oil, salt, and pepper until they form a paste.
- Spread out one sheet of pastry and cover evenly with half the olive and almond paste. Fold two opposite ends into the center to meet.
- Fold the same way again. Brush pastry with milk. Repeat the process with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Cut into 1.5cm thick slices. Shape the slices into a V shape, with the two sides curving out slightly. Place the shapes on baking sheets and bake them for 15-20 minutes or until they are puffed and golden. Serve warm with any sauce of your choice.