Orange Ring is a dessert made with egg whites and orange jelly. It is really very yummy and unique in taste. This recipe is shared by famous chef Shireen Anwar in her show masala mornings. You can also make this recipe with pineapples. An orange ring should be served chilled for better taste and texture.
- 1 tin evaporated milk
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 8 ounces fresh cream
- 2 ounces cream for decoration
- 2 egg whites
- 1 packet orange jelly
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. gelatin powder
- Dissolve 2 tbsp. the gelatin in ½ cup orange juice.
- Beat chilled evaporated milk until it is very thick, add in 1 packet orange jelly crystals and dissolved gelatin mixture.
- Beat 8 ounces cream with 3 ounces of caster sugar, beat 2 egg white stiff with 3 ounces of caster sugar, fold cream lightly in the beaten milk mixture, also fold in the egg white.
- Pour mixture into a ring mold and chill until set, decorate with whipped cream and orange segments. If ring mould is not available then you can also make it in round or square glass dish.
- Serve chilled after your yummy dinner or lunch and do share your feedback in the comments section below.
Great tips thanks