Palak Paneer is an Indian style dish, it is used as a gravy and you can serve it with rice.It’s not a dry spinach.This dish is full of iron.
- 1/2 kg spinach
- 1tbs garlic and ginger paste
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 packet cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala(all spices)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Black and white pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Cut the spinach roughly, wash it and then put it in hot water (not boiling ). Cook it for 2-3 minutes, don’t over cook. It should be in green color, if you over cook it then the color will change into black.
- Now grind the spinach with half cup of water in a grinder. It will look like a paste.
- Cut the cottage cheese into cubes and coat them with corn flour, deep fry them in hot oil for 20-30 seconds on until they are light golden in color.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, add garlic and ginger paste, stir fry for 1 minute then add spinach paste in it. Add crushed cumin, salt and garam masala. Cook for 3- 5 minutes.
- Now add cream, black and white pepper in it. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried cheese cubes in it and pour the gravy in a dish for serving.
From the desert state of Rajasthan, this one’s a delight. The Rajasthani people were often deprived of fresh vegetables and fruits in their hostile arid environment. Most also happened to be die-hard vegetarians. They used non-perishable dried legumes, and root vegetables such as potatoes, onions and garlic capable of prolonged storage
Delicious recipe!! Yummm!! My guests like it! Thanks to chef Zakir.