This recipe for peanut butter blossom cookies is shared by Jennifer Nickel-Kreisler. This is a great cookie for your Christmas cooking tray. You can also freeze it. This is a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss in the center. This is an old American recipe. This recipe will make 36 cookies.
Ingredients Of Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (185 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams out of shell), at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) fine kosher salt
36 Chocolate Kisses, unwrapped
Method Of Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth. Add the peanut butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 1 to 2 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated. If the batter is soft, cover and chill for about an hour, or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Form the batter into round balls using about 1 tablespoon (20 grams) of batter (I use a cookie scoop). Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are just set around the edges (they will still be soft). Rotate your baking sheet front to back about halfway through baking. Immediately upon removing the cookies from the oven, place an unwrapped Chocolate Kiss into the center of each cookie, pressing down gently until the cookie just starts to crack. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes about 36 cookies.