Peas contain a fair amount of Vitamin C, which is our body’s main antioxidant protection against viruses and diseases, and perhaps even some cancers. Green peas iron content can help prevent anemia. Iron is a mineral necessary for normal blood cell formation and function, whose deficiency results in anemia, fatigue, decreased immune function, and learning problems. You can include peas in your diet by adding them in gravies, salads and rice. Here is a tasty recipe for peas patties.
Ingredients Of Peas Patties
- 2 cups peas
- 1/2 kg potatoes, mashed and boiled
- Salt to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, crushed and roasted
- 1/2 tsp. kasori methee
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- Oil as required
Method Of Peas Patties
- Wash peas and boil them in half cup water for 5 minutes and let the water dries up.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry onion till its soft. Add garlic paste and fry it for a minute. Now add salt, red chili, turmeric, cumin seeds, kasori methi and soya sauce. Cover it and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Add peas in it.
- Now take mashed potatoes and add salt and black pepper in it.
- Now take potato mixture and shape it in the hollow of your hand, put in the center some of the pea mixture and then close it with potatoes mixture.
- Make all patties with the mixture and put them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry then until golden in color. Serve with a dip of your choice.