This recipe is posted by Bibi Khan. She is a very good cook and I love to share her recipes with you all. Pecan Pie is made with pecan nuts which are easily available in big stores. The crust of the pie is same as you make for apple pie. It is better to knead dough with hands as compared to a machine.
Ingredients Of pecan Pie
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shortening (i used Crisco)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg
Method Of Pecan Pie
- Place flour,salt, and sugar in a large bowl Add the shortening and mix (till it looks like little peas)
- Mix water, egg, and vinegar together in a cup and pour over the flour mixture.
- Knead till it becomes a smooth ball. Form the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough with a rolling pin into a 12-inch circle about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie pan and trim the edges. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Now for filling in a bowl whisk the eggs and brown sugar until it becomes pale. Stir in honey, butter and mix properly. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour this into the baked crust and bake for 20 mins.
- Now lower the temp to 325 F and bake for another 40 mins till it sets.
Dust with icing sugar
- Serve hot or cold.