This recipe for pineapple upside down cake is shared by Sharmeen Ki Dua. This cake is very moist and soft with caramelized sugar. It is topped with pineapples and cherries. The idea of cooking cake upside down is very old and is worth trying.
Ingredients Of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 50 g butter
- 250 g fine granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 g All-purpose Flour (sifted)
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Pineapple Essence
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 1 can Pineapple slices (drained)
150 grams brown sugar or 100g Jaggery ( i used brown sugar (melt this with some water)
Method Of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven: 160 C degrees
- Cream butter & sugar together. (The longer u beat the better)
- Add eggs one by one and beat.. (the longer u beat the better)
- Sieve flour with baking powder and fold to the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the essences. Line a cake pan and arrange the pineapple slices with cherries cut into halves in the center…(place cherries upside down)
- Melt brown sugar with a few drops of water on the stove..once melted pour this caramel over the arranged pineapple/ cherries layer.
- Pour the batter on top and bake for about 45 minutes…or till the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.