You can assemble these prawn cakes up to 6 hours in advance.
Ingredients Of Prawn Cakes
- 500 gm. prawns, fresh or canned
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- Flour as required to coat
- Oil for frying
For Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 90 gm. pistachios, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Method Of Prawn Cakes
- In a large bowl, combine prawn meat (drained if you are using canned) with the eggs, bread crumbs, coriander, spring onion, chili sauce, lemon juice, mustard and ginger. Mix it well.
- Shape into small bite size patties. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving.
- Heat oil in a pan. Lightly toss the prawn cakes in flour and fry them till they are light golden from both sides. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
To Make Dipping Sauce
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the chopped pistachios until golden. Remove from pan and set aside till cool down.
- Mash avocado in a bowl, add lemon juice and stir through.
- Fold in the nuts and mayonnaise. Refrigerate for 1 hour.