- 350 gm raw prawns
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 piece peeled ginger
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 ts white pepper
- Salt according to taste
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2tbs green onion (only green part)
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel and clean the prawns, discard the heads and tails.
- Place the prawns meat, garlic, coriander, ginger, egg whites,green onion, pepper and salt in a food processor. Process for 20-30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the crusts from the bread, then cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Brush the top of each triangle with the lightly beaten egg yolks, spread evenly with the prawn mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a deep based heavy pan until moderately hot.
- Deep fry the toasts with the prawn mixture face down, for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Make sure both sides are cooked.
- Remove the toasts from the oil. Drain thoroughly on paper towels and serve at once while hot.