This recipe for raspberry-filled Linzer cookies is shared by Jennifer Nickel. You can also change the filling with any other filling like strawberry or blueberries. You can fill it with homemade jam or ready-made jam.
Ingredients Of Raspberry Filled Linzer Cookies
- 1 pound butter salted and softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 cups flour
- 1 can of raspberry cake filling
- 1-2 bags of milk chocolate candy wafers
- rainbow sprinkles
Method Of Raspberry Filled Linzer Cookies
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs. Add water and vanilla and beat. Add flour mixture a little at a time. Use hands to make dough.
- Roll out on a floured wax paper, flour your roller too, around 1/4 inch thick. Keep the dough in the refrigerator in between batches.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Time depends on the size of the cookie-cutter used. Make about 30 cookies.
- After cookies are baked and cooled, pair them. Put raspberry filling on one cookie and cover it with another cookie.
- In another bowl melt the chocolate wafer in the microwave. Dip one end of the cookie in melted chocolate and sprinkle it with nonpareils and place on waxed paper to cool.