Following is the recipe for red cabbage and apple salad. This salad is really good for all weight watchers with very low calories.
Ingredients Of Red Cabbage And Apple Salad
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups packed shredded Napa cabbage (celery cabbage)
- 2 cups thinly sliced apple
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, plumped in hot water
- 1/4 cup toasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
Method Of Red Cabbage And Apple Salad
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Toss cabbages together in a large serving bowl. Toss apple slices with lemon juice to keep from browning.
- 3. Add apple, raisins, and half the sunflower seeds to cabbage. Toss with the dressing. Garnish servings with remaining seeds.