I love this red velvet cake recipe because it also has a chocolate flavor in it and this recipe always turns out perfect. You can use cream cheese frosting with it or whipped cream. I used whipped cream for frosting and I made flowers with royal icing. If you want your cake to be even redder, increase the food coloring by one to three tablespoons. If you don’t have buttermilk then add 1tsp vinegar in 1 cup of milk and leave it for 10 minutes. Your buttermilk is ready.
Ingredients Of Red Velvet Cake
- Flour 2 -1/2 cup
- Eggs 2
- Oil 1 cup
- Cocoa 1/4 cup
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Sugar (grind it) 1 -1/2 cup
- Red food color 1 tsp or as needed
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1 -1/2 Tsp
- White Vinegar 2 Tsp
- Salt pinch
Method Of Red Velvet Cake
- Preheat oven and grease 2 round pans.
- In a bowl add flour, salt, and cocoa and set aside.
- Add Oil and sugar in a large bowl beat well till it is all creamy. Now add eggs one by one. beat well and add Vanilla essence and food color.
- Now add half flour alternating with buttermilk.
- Mix vinegar and soda in a small bowl and add to the batter. Mix well and pour batter into pans and bake till done.
- Cool them completely and start icing of your choice. Decorate as you like.