Fresh pears are a natural, quick source of energy due largely to high amounts of two monosaccharides (fructose and glucose) and carbohydrates. Pear has abundant levels of vitamin c and vitamin k. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K. This Russian Pear pudding is a very good source of vitamin E.
Pears are often purchased before they are fully ripe, but the consumer can finish the ripening process by putting green, firm Bartlett pears in a bowl kept at room temperature. There, they will slowly ripen and color to perfection.
Ingredients Of Russian Pear Pudding
- 30 gm. gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 liter milk
- 100 gm. sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 gm. pears
- 300 gm. fresh cream
Ingredients For Sauce
- 200 gm. sugar
- 200 gm. water
Method Of Russian Pear Pudding
- Cut pears into slices and keep aside. In a pan put together 200 gm. sugar and 200 gm. water to make sugar syrup. Cook till sugar dissolve. Now turn the flame off, add some cold water to make a thin syrup.
- Pour this syrup in mold, arrange some slices of pear and separately dissolve 30 gm. gelatin powder in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Beat 300 gm. fresh cream adding 100 gm. sugar in a separate pan put together 1/2 liter milk and 2 egg yolk, cook but do not allow it to boil. Beat the mixture well. Turn the flame off, add in gelatin mixture, and beat again.
- Now cool the mixture. Add remaining pear pieces and beaten cream. Mix well. Now pour this mixture in the mold and freeze for 2 hours till firm.
- Take out in a serving dish and serve