This recipe for seekh kebabs is shared by Chef Zakir. So Seekh Kebab means skewered meat sausages cooked over a charcoal fire. Seekh Kebabs are typically flavored with onions, garlic, ginger, green chili peppers, herbs, and spices. Pakistani Seekh kebabs are often made with ground beef, while Indian-style are usually made with ground lamb or ground chicken.
Ingredients Of Seekh Kebabs
- 1/2 kg mince
- 100 gm kidney fat
- Ghee as required
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 bunch green coriander, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Some mint leaves, chopped
- 2tsp garam masala
- Process the mince in a food processor with onion, ginger, coriander and mint leaves, kidney fat, green chilies, and add all spices. Process it till all things are combined in the mince and it is finely mixed.
- Now rub a skewer with a little oil. Now make the shapes of kebabs around skewers and while barbequing them keep pouring ghee over them. Turn frequently to cook all sides evenly.
- Serve them with kachoomer salad and raita.
- Tip: In place of kidney fat you can also add some solid butter and before making kebabs put the mince mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour.