Its traditional dessert made with fried bread slices and milk. Its really very easy to make and it tastes heavenly. It just take few ingredients to make these shahi tukray. I like it with thick milk but some people also serve shahi tukray with less thick milk. If you want your shahi tukray milk to be runny then you can skip khoya in this recipe. Khoya helps to thicken the milk.
Ingredients Of Shahi Tukray
- 1 liter milk
- Sugar according to taste
- 8 bread slices
- 250 gm. khoya
- Pinch yellow food color
- Oil as required
- 3-4 small cardamoms
- Crushed almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- Cut the slices of bread in triangle pieces.
- Heat little oil in non stick pan and fry slices till they are light golden in color from both sides. Set them aside.
- Boil milk in pan and add cardamoms and sugar in it. Add khoya and cook milk on low heat till it start thickens. Dissolve yellow color in some water and add it in milk mixture.
- Arrange bread slices in some wide dish. Pour milk mixture over it and cool it in fridge.
- Garnish it with crushed almonds and pistachios.