Singaporean Rice is one of my favorite dishes, it has two reasons, first, it is very different in serving and in taste too. Secondly, you don’t need to serve anything with it like any dip or any gravy, its a full meal in itself. Today I am posting this recipe for my lovely friend Maryam, hope that she will try it and remember me. There are lots of recipes to make this dish but I like the following one, which I learned from a cooking center.
Ingredients Of Singaporean Rice
- 150 gm boneless chicken cubes
- 2 cup rice
- 1/2 packet boiled noodles
- 1 capsicum, cut into squares
- 1 carrot, cut in circles
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed red chili
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8-10 roll wrappers, fried and crushed (pappri)
Cooking Method Of Singaporean Rice
- First, we will make the vegetable and chicken gravy. In a pan heat 2tbsp oil and sauté garlic and green chilies in it. Now add chicken and fry it for 2-3 minutes. Add all vegetables and salt, black and white pepper, Worchester sauce, soya sauce, chili garlic sauce and crushed red chilies. Mix it well and cook it for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Now add 1/2 cup water and cover it for 2-3 minutes.Now thickens it with corn flour( dissolved in 3tbsp water). Gravy should be thick.
- Now mix boiled noodles in chicken and vegetable gravy. Set this noodles gravy aside.
- Now in other pan heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté cumin seeds in it. Add water and salt according to your rice quantity. Cook rice till they are done.
- Now we will make the mayonnaise sauce. In a bowl take mayonnaise and add 2 tbsp tomato ketchup and 1/2 tsp crushed red chili in it. Mix it well and set it aside.
- Take a serving rice tray and make the first layer of rice, then the 2nd layer of noodles gravy. Pour mayonnaise sauce over gravy and in last add fried and crushed pappri on it.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
neel need yo help,have an iftar dinner at home of like 10 ppl.i m cooking..temme what shud b the ideal menu?
it has to b different n impressive.
Sorry meena my computer was out of order last week that’s y i didn’t reply. Maybe i will help you out in other Iftari:))
well u can help me now cuz iftar was delayed..it is on mon..so plzz temme a balanced menu with chicken n mutton n fish etc
Ok, you can cook chicken pasta, fresh fruit chaat, won tons and cheese rolls and finger fish. most people love to have lots of fried items in iftar. you can also try the chicken bread pokoras and dahi bahlay with cream
thanx..that was really helping.though i dont know how to make wontons ..n m thinking of singaporean rice too.
is it a dinner or just snacks?
its an iftar dinner
So how was your iftari meena?
Hey! lovely recipe! i cooked it and everyone at home luved it! thank u for da recipe!
neel will u tell me an easy recipe of garlic bread.
Assalamualikum neel ..i made dis dish 2day ..n it wz a blast ! my husband luvd itt ! jazakillah ho khairan kaseera..
do u knw da recipe 4 chicken manchuriya..? plz lemme knw !
thank Gul, its my husband;s favorite too. You can search any recipe in the search box on my site. here is the recipe of chicken Manchurian
it is a very easy recipe Neel, i will like to prepare it. you knw i read about it in a blog that you can find Singaporian rice in about 7 weddins out of 10 in Karachi.interesting for me…..
you should try it and i also ate it first time in some wedding in karachi 10 years back