This dish has wonderful aroma because of the coal smoke. You can also make this recipe with chicken instead of mutton. Serve it with garlic naan or plain naan. Smoked yogurt mutton also known as dhuwan dahi gosht.
Ingredients Of Smoked Yogurt Mutton
- 1 kg mutton or chicken
- 5-6 onions sliced
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. hot spices powder
- 5 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 kg yogurt
- 2 big onions, cut in round rings
- 1 burning coal
- 1 cup oil
Method Of Smoked Yogurt Mutton
- Heat oil in pan and fry onions till they r light brown in color. Now add ginger garlic paste and mutton. Cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all spices and water.Cook it covered till mutton becomes tender and all water dries up.
- Now beat yogurt and add it in mutton with green chilies, mint leaves and onion rings.
- Put a piece of bread in the middle of the pan and then put the burning coal on it. Drop a little bit of oil on burning coal and cover the pan immediately for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with tandoori roti or naan.